OUR VISION AND MISSION STATEMENTS
Below you will find the statements of our Core Values as well as our Purpose, Mission and Vision Statements. These statements reflect our aspiration to grow into a community that welcomes all, supports all and makes disciples of all who enter our doors or whose paths we cross.
A PRAYER OF SELF-DEDICATION
Almighty and eternal God, so draw our hearts to you, so guide our minds, so fill our imaginations, so control our wills, that we may be wholly yours, utterly dedicated to you; and then use us, we pray, as you will, and always to your glory and the welfare of your people; through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen. (from the Book of Common Prayer).
By our baptism we are all called as ministers in the name of Jesus Christ. In order to live out our baptismal vows we strive to live into these core values with God’s help:
WE ARE WELCOMING
With God’s help, we accept all whom God has created, respecting the dignity of every human being and loving our neighbors as ourselves.
WE LIVE IN COMMUNITY
With God’s help, we love and care for one another.
With God’s help, we celebrate God’s gift of love for all creation through worship that strengthens and sustains our faith, feeds our hunger for God and unifies our gathered community.
WE ARE DISCIPLES
With God’s help, we equip our community to carry out the work to which God calls us. We pray that all are transformed from seekers (and believers) into disciples.
St. Aidan’s: Christ’s beacon to all seeking God.
Matthew 5:14-16 You are the light of the world…let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.
St. Aidan’s mission is to serve as Christ’s beacon to all who are drawn to our door and all whose paths we cross.
St. Aidan’s vision is to provide a safe and supportive environment for people of all backgrounds and interests to develop and strengthen their personal and communal relationship with God. God’s loving Spirit beckons us to become the body of Christ. Striving for justice and peace in our community and in the world at large, we seek to serve God in all our daily interactions.
To fulfill our vision, St. Aidan’s strives to:
* be an open, inclusive and supportive community of Christians;
* provide a wide variety of meaningful worship opportunities grounded in the Episcopal tradition;
* create an environment for vibrant spiritual development and Christian formation to promote discipleship, through a variety of programs that include prayer, study, and reflection for all ages
* seek active engagement with our local and extended communities and the world at large to act as God’s hands in the world. We have been blessed by God with many gifts and seek to share those gifts in partnership with a variety of community organizations both secular and sacred;
* support an active youth organization offering age-relevant worship, outreach, and fellowship opportunities.
CLICK HERE FOR A COPY OF THE COMPLETE REPORT TO THE CONGREGATION
This report includes the mission, vision, purpose statements as well as core values. The report also includes a description of the process we used to develop these statements as well as an appendix with reports from the various listening sessions that we conducted.